How you can help
By your side, our family caring for your family.
End of life care requires compassion and an experienced team of specialized caregivers. Rock River Hospice & Home offers both, wherever you or your loved one needs care.
Hospice is available in many settings, with the hallmark for hospice care in the home of the patient, among family and friends. However, there are times when a caregiver is unable to care for the patient, or there is no caregiver or family residing close. And, at times, there are patients who simply have no family at all.
Rock River Hospice & Home can provide the specialized care you trust in our 6-bed inpatient hospice home where you or your loved one can rest easy, knowing everything will be taken care of so you can focus on enjoying your time together.
What can the Hospice Home offer?
- There is no other hospice home within 30 miles.
- The hospice home enables us to offer three levels of care; Respite, Inpatient, and Residential.
- The hospice home can provide assistance to caregivers needing extra help.
- Respite care provides relief for caregivers if they need to be away.
- The hospice home provides a specialized environment to treat patients with short term, acute medical issues.
- Amenities include ...
- Six patient suites
- 24 hour care
- Chapel/Reflection Room
- An entirely handicapped accessible facility
- Family space with overnight accommodations for visitors
- Kitchen and dining service for patients and families.
"There has been an urgent need in our community for dedicated, intensive end of life care for those patients and families who need more than in-home hospice care. The hospice home was that next step for Rock River Hospice & Home to branch out to meet the needs of the Sauk Valley."
-Dr. Jason Reter,
Medical Director for Rock River Hospice & Home
How You Can Help
Building the Rock River Hospice & Home still requires community wide support. When you're ready to help Rock River Hospice & Home grow our tradition of care, there are several ways you can give. Please choose the best way for you, and please give generously.
- Gifts will be accepted according the Rock River Hospice & Home's gift acceptance policies.
- Gifts may be made in cash or securities.
- Gifts can include bequests, real estate, life insurance and personal property.
- Matching gifts through your employer or spouse’s employer can double or even triple your gift.
- Your gift may be made in honor or in memory of someone.
- Please know your gift to enhance Rock River Hospice & Home's tradition of care is tax deductible to the greatest extent of the law.
For more information on how you can help, call Emily Taylor, Executive Director,
at (815) 625-3858 or email
Each Brick is a Story ... Each Step is a Memory
Find out how to purchase a Memorial Brick to be placed in the garden at the Hospice Home.
Copyright © 2014- Rock River Hospice & Home
Fax (815) 625-6152
2706 Avenue E
Sterling, IL 61081
Please give what you can and help us make a difference for families in our communities.
Festival Of Trees
The Rock River Hospice & Home Festival of Trees has become a holiday tradition. Stay up to date on the event on here.